Thursday, April 8, 2010

Goal # 1

Alright, so I know people are wondering where the heck the artwork is... I'm trying to focus on doing new stuff and that's kinda tough with a three year old and a 3 month old to take care of. I'll try to post images of sketches and such just so viewers can see what I'm up to.
So my first goal is this:
There is a great gallery in town called Manifest. I love the fact that they're one of the few galleries here in town that seem to have a connection with what is going on outside Cincinnati. Part of their mission is to engage the public with powerful and beautiful artwork, as well as to revitalize and reenergize the creativity and appeal for art in the community. They're also focussed on offering classes in drawing to the general public by knowledgeable and gifted instructors. It's a small gallery, but heck I love what they're doing and what they're about. Anyways... they have juried competitions throughout the year and on June 30th of this year is the deadline for their Painting annual(INPA). They're selecting entries from all over the world for works of Painting and/or writing about to be printed into an annual that will then be sent to various places around the country. I have an image in mind for this and I aim to try to meet this deadline and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment